The IRS recently announced more flexible terms for its Offer in Compromise settlement program. These new rules enable some of the most financially distressed taxpayers to clear up their tax problems. IRS Settlements are now easier to obtain and less costly.
Schlack & McGinnity, P.C.’s attorneys each have more than 20 years of experience successfully negotiating settlements with the IRS, and David Schlack is a former IRS Revenue Agent and Instructor.
We provide a wide array of tax advisory and tax relief services including special emphasis on negotiating tax debt settlements, audit representation, and tax planning strategy and transactional advisory services. epresentation, and tax planning strategy and transactional advisory services.
Our services include:
- IRS Payment Plans
- IRS Offers In Compromise – Delinquent Taxes
- Releases of IRS Tax Liens & Levies
- Illinois Tax Settlements
- Illinois Board of Appeals Matters
- Overall Tax Strategies
- Petitions for IRS Penalty Abatement
- Innocent Spouse Relief
- Tax Planning and Transactional Advice
- Defense of IRS Income and Payroll Tax Audits
Some of Schlack & McGinnity recent IRS Offer In Compromise settlements include:
- Obtained releases of IRS levies on professional client’s bank account and social security benefits and successfully negotiated an IRS settlement of $31,000 for same client who owed nearly $500,000 in delinquent income taxes for six years of business income;
- Achieved an IRS settlement of $522 for an unemployed client who owed over $40,000 in back payroll taxes from his old corporation;
- Obtained an Offer In Compromise settlement of $2,080 for a client who owed over $62,000 in unpaid personal income taxes;
- Obtained an IRS settlement of $116,000 for a client and his corporation whom owed 8 years worth of income taxes and corporate payroll taxes totaling more than $950,000.
Please contact us by phone (312-368-1266) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a free consultation.
We’ll be glad to discuss your tax relief and tax advisory service needs.