Estate Planning & Administration: Wills, Trusts & Probate
Our estate planning attorneys have over 40 years of expertise and experience to help you arrange your estate and final affairs so your hard-earned assets are passed down to the next generation with the minimum of tax liability, maximizing family harmony and reducing the risk of intra-family litigation.
Schlack & McGinnity prepares personal estate plans for families with estates of all sizes, including Wills, Living Wills, Durable Powers of Attorney for Property and Health Care, as well as many types of Trusts, including Testamentary Trusts, Revocable Living Trusts, Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts; Special Needs Trust and Look-Through Retirement Benefits Trusts. We regularly appear in Probate Court on contested and uncontested probate matters.
Our services include:
- Wills & Trusts
- Living Wills
- Decedent’s Estates
- Tax-Free Gift Planning
- Probate & Trust Administration
- Estate Tax Strategies
- Durable Powers of Attorney – Property
- Medical Powers of Attorney
- Insurance Trusts
- Structured an estate plan for a married couple with young children and an estate in excess of $13 million; by establishing Marital Deduction Trusts and a Life Insurance Swap, our lawyers reduced this couple’s federal estate tax exposure by over $1 million;
- Drafted tax favorable personal estate plan for client with an estate worth in excess of $100 million;
- Prepared a personal estate plan with a “Special Needs Trust” for clients with a severely disabled child;
- Worked with clients and their religious advisors to draft Living Wills and Medical Powers of Attorney conforming to such clients’ religious teachings and beliefs.
- Achieved a favorable settlement in a lawsuit filed against Executor/Trustee accused of breaching his fiduciary duty by presenting evidence of the complaining heir’s improper conduct.
- Worked with a client to structure a trust and select appropriate Trustees to provide financial security for surviving second spouse while protecting the interests of children from the first marriage.
Please contact us by phone (312-368-1266) or email (email@example.com) to schedule a free consultation.
We’ll be glad to discuss how we can custom-tailor a estate plan to meet your unique needs.